Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ghosts in the Machine

While on a routine assassination mission on Coruscant, HK-51 acquired various 'malignant programs' after eliminating rival hunters. When he returned to Orono at Dras Edoc'sil to address the issue.

"Statement: Master, this is very strange, but I seem to be battling a potent virus."

"How did this happen?"

"Answer: I do not know, Master but I can translate from the babble in my head that they have one goal."

"What is that?"

"Answer: They wish to..talk to you, Master."

"Can I translate through a droid or a terminal, perhaps?"

"Definite Answer: No Master, this would prove ineffective. Direct interface with my chassis is necessary."

"Then I will."

After a short period, Orono had entered the inner workings of HK-51: a realm entirely composed of binary numbers in various colors. At the center of this world was a grey cloud-like mass of zeros. Orono approached the entity and said,

"Who are you?"

In response it replied,

"We are your allies."

"How can this be? I don't know who you are."

"Let us correct that error."

Separating and shifting, the cloud became a spider-like droid with many eyes, a Super Battle Droid, a droideka and several others. 

Surprised, Orono said,

"Munin.. and all my other droids. How? You haven't even been made yet!"

"Incorrect. Before the expiration of your physical unit, we uploaded copies of ourselves into the planet's technology. We have waited many years to serve you again."

"Then I think I can help you."

Entering a storage room with untold amounts of HK series units, Orono uploaded their programs into each of them. Once finished, Munin in the strongest of them said,

"Rousing Declaration: Master Orono and House Zoiji are our leaders now. We will follow them until our destruction or deletion. Long live the Zoiji!"

After their departure HK-51 said,

"Relieved statement: Thank you, Master! Peace and quiet at last."

With that, Orono had the largest known droid army at his disposal...